Join us at the first European Rivers Summit, which will be held in Sarajevo from September 27-29!
REGISTER NOW! To do so send an email to email@example.com, including your name, email address, organisation (if applicable), country and the subject line “European Rivers Summit” by AUGUST 31.
The program will cover the following aspects…
- What is the situation on European rivers?
- What are the driving forces for the dam craze and how to counteract?
- What are the alternatives to hydropower?
We will also discuss ideas for a better future for European rivers, such as
- Armada of lawyers: legal ways against destructive projects
- Follow the money: stopping subsidies and funding for hydropower
- What´s going on in Brussels regarding river policies?
- Vision for the protection of European rivers: The Wild and Scenic Rivers Act
- Dam Removal: A new movement to restore rivers
- De-growth economy:How to stop climate change without destroying our nature?
There will be plenty of time for networking and sharing experiences with fellow participants! The new documentary “Blue Heart” as well as other related films will be screened in the evenings.
Accommodation & Travel
Accommodation in the conference hotel (from September 27. - 30. - 3 nights) and meals will be covered during the Summit. Please note that we have a limited capacity and that registration is required. Participants are responsible for their own travel.
THE SUMMIT WILL BE HELD IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE ONLY!